Do you have a Florida house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Florida foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Florida? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Pasco County who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your Pasco County house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Pasco County and the whole state of Florida get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Pasco County, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
No Lowball Offers
Regardless of the condition your property is in, the timeframe you are facing, or the circumstances you are dealing with, we can simplify your life and free you from burdensome properties that are causing you stress. We want to buy your Florida house!
Our offer will be fast, and simple. We can close in as little as 7 days in most cases or you can choose the closing date!
Let’s Make Things Happen
Give us a call today at 813-755-8573 or fill out the form to receive a same day cash offer!
“Clark and his team were great to work with. We owned a rental in Tampa that had been abused by the last tenants and we did not want to clean or do any more repairs before selling. We were able to close in just about 1 week and everything went very smoothly! If you need to sell your house fast for cash, we definitely recommend giving them a call. Thanks!”
Florida Home Seller