Is it Possible to Sell a House Facing Foreclosure in Pasco County, Florida?
If you own a house in Pasco County (or across Florida) and are currently facing foreclose, you still may have time to sell. Foreclosure is the worst-case scenario when owning a home because it means your credit will be damaged for years and will also walk away empty-handed. If you are facing foreclosure and want to avoid these consequences, the sooner you start the process of selling your home in Pasco County, the better.
How Selling a Home in Foreclosure Works in Pasco County
The economy of the past few years has impacted many homeowners in Pasco County and the rest of Florida. It has forced many to face an unforeseen foreclosure which has caused the way banks handle foreclosures to change as well.
For the bank that owns the mortgage on your home, the last thing they want is for the property to be abandoned by the homeowner. This forces them to auction it off to recover anything. They’d far rather avoid the foreclosure process and help you sell your house. That being said, by the time you are in foreclosure, most bridges with the bank itself have been burned and they can be very difficult to work with. There are some things you can do, however, to make working with the bank to sell your home before foreclosure easier:
- Even if you haven’t done the best at this in the past, communicate as much as possible with the bank. Give them updates and show them you are working to sell the property. Just don’t be too annoying.
- Talk to the people bank like you would anyone else. Avoid being too dramatic. Focus on explaining the situation clearly and articulating your desire to fix the situation. This will go a long way to making them more responsive.
- Keep track of your conversations with the bank. Nothing counts unless you have it in writing, so keep a running count of everyone you have spoken with, what exactly was said, and any agreements or promises they made.
- Consider all other options other than forfeiture. You have multiple options you can try when trying to avoid foreclosure. You could file for bankruptcy, attempt to modify your loan, or even short sell the property. It will vary based on your situation, but there is a very real chance you can delay the foreclosure process if you try hard enough. Much will depend on your lender’s borrowing policies.
- Act right away. This is probably the most important thing you can do. The further behind you are on payments, the fewer options you have. The best time to make a change is right now.
Easy Sale HQ Buys Houses in Pasco County Facing Foreclosure
Not only is it possible to sell a house you own even while it is in foreclosure in Pasco County, but Easy Sale HQ also specializes in helping Pasco County homeowners avoid foreclosure. You can be behind on your mortgage or facing foreclosure and we can still help. If you own a house in Pasco County and need to sell it quickly, you should call our office or just click on the link on this page to get started. We normally can determine how much we could offer for your house in 2 days and can be ready to close in a week.